Choosing the perfect rug for your home is an art form. It has the power to transform any space, adding warmth, style, and comfort. However, finding the right rug is only half the battle. Understanding where and how to place your rug in each room is equally important.
In this blog, we will guide you through the art of rug placement, exploring various rooms of the house and offering tips to help you create the perfect ambiance.
The Living Room: A Cozy Haven
The living room is the heart of your home, where family and friends gather to relax and unwind. When it comes to rug placement, consider the following:
- Size: Opt for a rug that is large enough to anchor the furniture. Ideally, all furniture legs should be on the rug or at least touching it.
- Placement: Center the rug in the seating area, allowing for an equal amount of rug to be visible on all sides.
- Layering: Add depth and texture by layering a smaller rug on top of a larger one, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Our range of natural Jute rugs and runners are perfect for living areas, due to their soft texture and rustic aesthetic.
The Bedroom: A Tranquil Retreat
Your bedroom should be a sanctuary of serenity and comfort. Here's how to place a rug in this intimate space:
- Size: Choose a rug that extends beyond the bed on all sides. It should provide a soft landing for your feet when you wake up in the morning.
- Placement: Position the rug parallel to the bed, allowing for a few feet of rug to extend out from the foot of the bed. This creates a visually pleasing and balanced look.
- Texture: Opt for a plush rug or a soft, natural fiber rug to add a touch of luxury to your bedroom oasis.
Luxuriously crafted from a combination of wool and jute, our Wool rugs and runners are soft to the touch with a beautiful texture that is ideal for bedrooms.
The Dining Room: A Stylish Gathering Place
The dining room is where meals are shared, conversations flow, and memories are made. Consider the following tips for rug placement in this space:
- Size: Ensure the rug is large enough to accommodate the dining table and chairs, both when they are pushed in and pulled out. Allow for at least 2 feet of extra space around the table.
- Shape: Consider the shape of your dining table when selecting a rug. Round tables work well with round rugs, while rectangular tables pair nicely with rectangular rugs.
- Practicality: Opt for a rug that can handle spills and stains, as dining rooms are prone to accidental mishaps.
Our range of Seagrass rugs and runners have a naturally occurring waxy coat which makes it highly stain and water-resistant, and super durable - perfect for the high traffic areas of your home.
The Home Office: A Productive Haven
As more people embrace remote work, the home office has become an essential part of our lives. When it comes to rug placement, keep the following in mind:
- Size: Choose a rug that is large enough to accommodate your desk and office chair. This ensures that your chair can move freely without catching on the edges of the rug.
- Placement: Position the rug in a way that allows your desk and chair to sit comfortably on the rug. This helps define the workspace and adds warmth to the room.
Our range of Sisal rugs and runners have a tight, smooth weave that add a lustrous appearance and provides a strong base for heavy desks and rolling chairs.
Rug placement is an art that can elevate the style and functionality of every room in your home. By considering the size, placement, texture, and overall design, you can create a harmonious and inviting atmosphere.
Whether you're looking to create a cozy living room, a tranquil bedroom, a stylish dining room, or a productive home office, the right rug can make all the difference. So go ahead, experiment, and let your rugs be the foundation of your home's unique personality.